What is WazirX? How to register on WazirX?
What is WazirX?
WazirX is was founded in March of 2018 by Nischal Shetty (Forbes 30 under 30 in 2014), Sameer Mhatre, and Siddharth Menon. WazirX is a cryptocurrency exchange with an advanced trading interface and features to buy, sell & trade cryptocurrencies. Based in India (register in Malta), the exchange allows users to trade 100+ digital assets like BTC, ETH, BNB, BCH, LTC & many more.
Sameer Mhatre, Nischal Shetty and Siddharth Menon.
WazirX’s aim is to bridge the global fiat-cryptocurrency gap with the world’s first auto-matching P2P engine – WazirX Peer-to-Peer. As of today, WazirX Peer-to-Peer is the go-to method to deposit and withdraw INR in India, and growing steadily.
WazirX’s native token, WRX, is the utility token forming the backbone of the WazirX ecosystem. The WRX token is built on Binance Chain with future use cases including: trading fee discounts, WRX Trade Mining (unlock and earn WRX tokens by performing trades), paying for margin fees, and more.
Binance, a global cryptocurrency exchange acquired WazirX in 2019. The transaction was estimated at $5-10 million.
How to register on WazirX?
To register a new WazirX account:
1. Open a web browser and launch the WazirX webpage: wazirx.com
2. Click “Sign Up” on the top right corner of the main page.
The create an account page appears.
Complete your captcha verification.
An activation email is sent to your email address.
Go to your inbox, open the email from firstname.lastname@example.org and click Verify Email.
Security: You can choose the Authenticator App, Mobile SMS for security your account.
Now, you have to do KYC on WazirX for buy/sell cryptocurrency.
Referral code: zhve8q2t (you can get 50% commission).
How to do KYC on WazirX
Uou’ll be taken through 4 step process so you can create a login and submit your details for verification.
Step 1 – Email ID & Password
The first step in the sign-up process is to choose a login email address and set a password.
- Email – Enter your complete email address. This is the email address you will use to login and also receive any communication from us. You cannot change your login email address later.
- Password – Enter a strong password that you will remember. Passwords must be atleast 6 characters long and a maximum of 64 characters. We recommend using passwords longer than 10 characters. Do not use passwords that you’ve already used on another website. Try and mix special characters like @#$%^&-* along with capitals and numerics in your password.
Step 2 – Email Verification
Once you’ve entered your email, password and clicked on sign up, you will receive a verification email at your email address.
- Click on the Verify Email button in the email. You will be taken back to the WazirX website where your verification will be confirmed! Note that the verification email is only valid for 15 minutes. If you do not verify in 15 minutes, login to your WazirX account again and click on the Resend verification email button.
Step 3 – Mobile Verification
After verifying your email, the next step is to verify your mobile number.
- Mobile number – Enter your 10 digit Indian mobile number. Do not include country code or ‘0’ at the start. This will also be the number at which you will receive an OTP when logging into your WazirX account.
- Verification OTP – You will receive an OTP via an SMS. Enter the OTP in the verification box and click verify.
Step 4 – KYC details
- Name –
- Date of Birth – Enter your DOB in DD/MM/YYYY format. For eg – If your DOB is 1st April 1989, enter 01/04/1989. You must be 18 Years and above to apply for a WazirX account.
- Address – Enter your full address as it appears on your KYC document. Do not enter the City, State & PIN Code in this box as there are separate boxes for that
Before you click submit, please cross check all your details to make sure you’ve not made any typing errors. This will speed up your verification process.
- What Is Zebpay? How To Register On Zebpay?
- What Is Paxful? How To Register On Paxful? How To Buy And Sell Bitcoin On Paxful?
- What Is Binance? How To Register On Binance?