What is DOS Network?
The DOS network is an agnostic layer 2 decentralized prophecy network that provides real-time data feeds and verifiable computing power to mainstream blockchains. It connects on-chain smart contracts and applications with off-chain data sources and unlimited computation, allowing smart contracts to have more real-world use cases.
What problems can DOS Network solve?
Besides the widely discussed scalability issue, currently, there are two other major issues hindering the widespread adoption of smart contracts and large-scale commercial Dapps:
Blockchain is a closed and deterministic system and the execution of a certain smart contract in all validating nodes must achieve a consensus result, otherwise, the consensus will be broken. This is an inherent limitation of the blockchain consensus mechanism. Therefore, smart contracts are not allowed to carry out network I/ O operations to the off-chain world, they can only consume input from on-chain states and transaction data.
There are a lot of on-chain resource restrictions like expensive storage costs and computation restrictions (gas limits, CPU time limits, etc.), which prevent complicated computation in smart contracts.
DOS Network’s mission and value are to solve these two problems to enrich smart contracts and a decentralized economy with real-world data and more computing power, paving the way for blockchain mass adoption.
Automated decentralized insurance payment
With DOS Network, many situations such as flight delay insurance can be achieved automatic compensation by including externally insured events into on-chain insurance contracts.
Stablecoins and cryptocurrency derivatives
Stablecoins and cryptocurrency derivatives require the regular use of the DOS Network to reliably and verifiably fetch real-time price feeds.
Crypto lending platform
DOS Network makes it easy for the crypto lending platform to get token exchange rates, enter borrower’s social media data, and determine interest rates with ease.
Deploy two DEX contracts on different blockchains, and the DOS Network acts as a bridge to connect heterogeneous transactions across chains.
Casinos and games
Safe randomness is at the core of blockchain-based games and casinos. The DOS network provides unpredictable, verifiable, and secure randomness to push those applications.
Compute-intensive commercial tasks, such as machine learning model training, 3D rendering, benefit greatly from the verifiable off-chain computing market.
DOS token is a utility token based on the Ethereum ERC20 standard because Ethereum is the first blockchain we support. DOS tokens will be used to encourage various participants in the system and ensure the growth and development of the ecosystem. In the future, we may swap tokens to other supported major smart contract platforms like EOS, Thunder, Tron, etc.
Participants in DOS System
There are mainly three types of participants in the DOS Network. They are tightly interconnected by DOS token and together form the DOS ecosystem:
- Dapp developers: Dapp developers and/or calling contracts need to pay a processing fee to DOS nodes for each request made in pay-per-use or post-based sign to request external data or perform off-chain verifiable computing tasks. DOS token will be the first accepted fee token used to pay the processing fee to those who run the node, however, the token owner has the authority to manage to vote for what else is accept as a fee token, such as a stable coin.
- Node runners: Off-chain DOS network includes third parties node runners interact with the user. There are two types of nodes: the data carrier and the compute node.
- Premium data providers: By subscribing to the open market with customized billing plans and specifications, premium data providers can take a whole new path to earn. money from their valuable feed from blockchain traffic in addition to traditional internet traffic.
Some suggestions are given for a cold boot of DOS Network:
- Incentive program for Dapp developers: A developer program will begin to encourage more Dapps and developers to use DOS services.
- “Mining” incentives for node runners: A node incentive program called “mining” will start incentivizing more node runners to join to launch an off-chain P2P Network.
- Incentives for premium data providers: First of all, premium data providers will collect corresponding bounties given by developers starting from market contracts. In addition, in order to encourage premium data providers to integrate with DOS Network and participate in more premium events, a bounty program is designed to reward data providers for each milestone they achieve.
Total Supply: 1 Billion (1,000,000,000)
The decentralized Oracle service supports multiple heterogeneous blockchains. The DOS network brings real-world data, events, and computational power into smart contracts in a secure, reliable, efficient, and scalable way.
To prevent attackers from easily tampering with their identities, node operators must deposit and lock the network token in the system contract before joining the network and earning rewards. Verification is done on the contractual side, with malicious attackers who fail to do the verification process will be detected and punished. This makes Sybil attacks costly and nearly impossible and ties the node operators’ interests to the network and token value.
You can check DOS price here.