Solana DEX aggregator Jupiter announces JUP token launch on January 31st
Jupiter, the leading decentralized exchange (DEX) aggregator on Solana, has announced that it will launch its native token, JUP, on January 31st at 10:00 EST. The token will be distributed through an airdrop to eligible Solana wallet holders, as well as through a new launch platform that the Jupiter team is testing.
Jupiter is a DEX aggregator that allows users to find the best rate when trading tokens on Solana, a fast and scalable blockchain platform. Jupiter claims to offer the widest range of tokens and best route discovery between any token pair, as well as a friendly user interface and powerful tools for developers.
According to Meow, the founder of Jupiter, the JUP token will serve as the symbol for DeFi 2.0, a new paradigm of decentralized finance that leverages the open meta of Solana. JUP will also enable the Jupiter DAO, a decentralized autonomous organization that will be the most effective, forward looking, decentralized and non-insider voting DAO in the history of DAOs.
WEN: 31st of Jupuary 10am EST
On the 1st of Jupuary, we outlined the main areas of work as we aim to get to launch. https://t.co/PORf6v5apt
We have been right on schedule executing on all these, and we are happy to share that JUP will launch on 31st of Jupuary, 10am EST.… pic.twitter.com/fIhDg0H1Pu
— meow 🥧 (@weremeow) January 15, 2024
In a series of tweets, Meow outlined the main areas of work that the Jupiter team has been working on prior to the JUP launch. These include:
- Testing the new launch platform, which will be used to launch JUP and other projects on Solana. The launch platform will be a testing ground for Jupiter’s new launchpad, a groundbreaking product that will simplify the coordination and execution of token launches.
- Executing crucial ceremonies publicly, such as the token minting and accountability, the scaling up of frontend and backend infrastructure, and the network monitoring and post mortem. Meow said that the team will put up detailed traces of the entire minting and token transfer ceremonies, so that the entire space can follow along and have 100% certainty around the legitimacy of the supply.
- Kickstarting the J.U.P. working group and DAO vision, which will be the core of the Jupiter community and governance. Meow said that he believes that the Jupiter DAO can be the most elite force to push the meta forward and forever change the way communities function and work effectively.
- Wrapping up major product updates, such as the swap, the limit order, the DCA, the bridge, and the perpetual products. Meow said that the team will provide technical and written updates for the various product lines, so that everyone is clear about the strategic goals and plans.
Meow also emphasized that Jupuary, the term he coined for the month of January, is not about launching a token, but about creating symbolism, community roots, and crucial new products together. He said that by next Jupuary, the Jupiter community will be much stronger, experienced and expansive, and will be bringing the goodness of the open meta to everyone.
The JUP token launch is expected to generate a lot of excitement and attention in the Solana and DeFi space, as Jupiter is one of the biggest and most innovative projects in the ecosystem. According to CoinGecko, Jupiter has processed $97.8 million in transactions over the past 24 hours, making it the third most popular DEX on Solana after Serum and Raydium.
- Here’s When The Jupiter DEX Plans To Launch JUP To The Community
- Jupiter Decentralized Exchange Announces Massive Token Airdrop Program
- Jupiter’s January Airdrop: 5 Billion JUP Tokens For The Community, First Drop Deposits 10% In Solana Wallets