Is Binance Soon to List BRC-20 Tokens? Here’s the Evidence
In the ever-evolving world of cryptocurrencies, the latest buzz revolves around Bitcoin Ordinals and BRC-20 tokens. These innovative concepts have captured the attention of the crypto community, with Binance, one of the leading crypto exchanges, at the forefront of investigating their potential. The convergence of Bitcoin and NFTs has created a wave of curiosity and excitement within the crypto space.
Recently, a prominent member of the crypto community known as Leonidas took to Crypto Twitter to shed light on Binance’s growing interest in Bitcoin-powered innovations. In a series of tweets, Leonidas outlined Binance’s journey with Ordinals and BRC-20 tokens, effectively amplifying the community’s attention.
Timeline of @binance‘s involvement with Ordinals/BRC-20
March 1st: Binance’s first tweet mentioning Ordinals
April 12th: CZ mentions that he is very excited about “NFTs in Bitcoin” at a Web3 conference in Hong Kong.
May 9th: Binance announces that its NFT marketplace will…
— Leonidas.og (@LeonidasNFT) May 28, 2023
The timeline of Binance’s involvement with Ordinals and BRC-20 tokens is as follows:
- March 1st: Binance mentioned Ordinals for the first time in a tweet, signaling their initial interest in this emerging trend.
- April 12th: Binance CEO, CZ, expressed his enthusiasm for “NFTs in Bitcoin” during a Web3 conference held in Hong Kong, further cementing Binance’s interest in exploring the NFT potential of Bitcoin.
- May 9th: Binance announced that its NFT marketplace would support Ordinals, signaling the exchange’s commitment to embracing these Bitcoin-powered innovations.
- May 17th: CZ participated in a Twitter Space discussion where he delved into the details of Ordinals and BRC-20 tokens, highlighting Binance’s growing involvement and dedication.
- May 18th: Binance released an article titled “BRC-20 Tokens: A Primer,” providing valuable insights into the workings of BRC-20 tokens and further showcasing Binance’s commitment to their integration.
- May 27th: CoinMarketCap, which is owned by Binance, added support for BRC-20 tokens, solidifying Binance’s involvement in the listing and promotion of these tokens.
It is evident that Binance’s efforts in exploring and integrating BRC-20 tokens into its platform are well underway. Data reveals that a significant number of BRC-20 tokens, specifically 24,677, have been minted thus far, with ORDI emerging as the dominant player in the charts. This showcases the growing popularity and adoption of these tokens within the crypto community.
In addition to the BRC-20 tokens, the Ordinals NFT collections have also witnessed a significant surge in popularity. These collections have garnered attention from crypto enthusiasts and collectors alike, posing strong competition to the established Ethereum and Solana NFTs.
Notably, figures such as Peter Schiff, known for his skepticism towards cryptocurrencies, surprised the realm by initiating the launch of new Ordinals NFTs. This serves as a testament to the growing influence and appeal of the Ordinals ecosystem.
As Binance continues to explore the possibilities of integrating BRC-20 tokens and further embracing the NFT era powered by Bitcoin, the crypto space eagerly awaits further developments. The convergence of Bitcoin, NFTs, and BRC-20 tokens has the potential to reshape the crypto landscape, offering new avenues for innovation and investment. With Binance’s active involvement, the adoption of these technologies is likely to gain even more momentum in the coming months.
- SOPR Ratio Points To Ongoing Crypto Market Rally: Bulls Still In Control
- 68% Of Bitcoin’s Total Volume Remains Dormant For Over A Year