How to start your blockchain career
Blockchain Technology is a ground-breaking innovation stirring up attention worldwide. Building a career in Blockchain technology is a thrilling new opportunity worth delving into.
It is the backbone of digital cryptos such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, etc. It is the fastest-growing skill currently and the demand for people with these skills is high and expected to increase in the future.
However, most people tend to confuse Bitcoin with Blockchain technology. For a fact, some even use them interchangeably. So, what exactly is the Blockchain and how does it work?
What is Blockchain?
In the simplest of terms, blockchain technology is a collection of blocks that contain the sender and the receiver’s information. The blockchain also contains information about the amount of money sent through the blockchain. It is a structured technology for publicly storing transaction records, also known as blocks, in multiple databases known as a “chain” of a network connected to peer-to-peer nodes. This repository is commonly referred to as the “digital ledger”.
Basic requirements for learning Blockchain technology?
There are certain basic skills a budding Blockchain enthusiast should possess. These skills will aid in a quicker grasp of the intricacies of the technology used in the Blockchain. These skills include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of programming languages
To kick off a career in Blockchain Technology, an enthusiast must have a background in Information Technology, Computer Science, and Information Security.
A good understanding of data structures is essential. In blockchain technology, data is not stored in tables but as blocks. Blockchain also makes use of a distributed ledger, which involves recording, sharing, and synchronizing transactions with the aid of independent computers.
Therefore, building a data structure is an essential skill to become a blockchain developer. A good grasp of programming languages such as C ++, JAVA, and Python will also help.
- Understanding of cryptography
Cryptography forms the basis of blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin are named after cryptography.
Cryptography is the process of creating public key encryptions such as hash functions and digital signatures. E-commerce sites make use of this hash function to secure payments on their platforms.
Blockchain security is an umbrella term that encompasses cryptographic functions and other security technologies needed to start a career in blockchain technology. Other skills required include Merkle proofs, elliptic curve digital signatures, cryptographic hashing, and many others.
- Mastery of Blockchain platforms
To start a blockchain career, it is important to understand the numerous blockchain platforms. There are several blockchain platforms.
It is necessary to focus only on the most commonly used blockchain platforms to avoid getting confused. Some of the blockchain platforms include Ripple, Ethereum, R3 Corda, Hyperledger Fabric, etc.
How do you learn Blockchain technology?
Generally, most people wish to kickstart their bitcoin career on the Blockchain but are confused about how to go about it. There are several means to achieve this and most of them are available for free on the internet. Here are a few ways to learn about the Blockchain technology as a novice:
– Online Blockchain Courses: E-learning has taken root in all areas, making it easier to learn any skill today. A quick search on the Internet will bring up various basic Blockchain courses available for FREE. Since remote learning is becoming more regular, these courses can be done anywhere in the world. However, some advanced courses with in-depth tutoring require fees to be paid.
– YouTube Videos: Video tutorials are the easiest to understand. YouTube is a limitless resource for learning about blockchain technology with interactive and holistic learning aids. So many Blockchain YouTube channels provide these materials, where you can subscribe and learn about Blockchain technology at your convenience.
– Online Blockchain Communities and Groups: Participating in blockchain communities such as online discussion forums and blogs can also help you learn about blockchain technology. By participating in these forums, you can gain new insights and first-hand knowledge from people experienced in the field of blockchain technology.
– Acquire a Blockchain Certification: You might have come across online certifications or probably heard about them randomly. Platforms that host these online certifications give people the chance to acquire skills of their choice for a certificate in return.
There are lessons to attend, courses to complete within the specified period, and exams to take before these certifications in Blockchain technology can be given out. These certifications provide you with a chance to strengthen your CV when applying for jobs in companies looking for technology skills.
Careers in Blockchain technology
There are a couple of jobs in Blockchain that provide you with the stepping stone to launch a flourishing career in Blockchain technology. Naturally, as you begin to gather knowledge on various topics related to blockchain technology, you will be more inclined towards one particular topic than others. This aspect helps people decide which career in blockchain technology is best for them.
- Blockchain Developer
A blockchain developer is someone who helps companies explore blockchain platforms and develop potential applications using the technology. Blockchain Developer is the most sought-after skill in blockchain technology. If you have experience working with programming languages like C++, Python, and Java, then you can look forward to advancing your career as a blockchain developer.
- Blockchain Quality Engineer
A blockchain quality engineer works to determine the quality of operations in blockchain technology. They ensure that all developments within the technology are up to the quality standard. They run automated framework tests to verify the quality of operations. Any mistake on your part means you will get an error or glitch that can affect the overall performance of the technology by going unnoticed. It also affects everyone who uses this technology.
- Blockchain UX Designer
The role of a blockchain UX designer is to design a user interface that is easy to use, attractive, and inspires trust among users. The UX designer must be hardworking and have an artistic touch in designing. You must be able to pay attention to details. You have to work.
The growing acceptance of Blockchain technology shows no signs of slowing down and with platforms like LaborX providing crypto jobs for innovative freelancers and reputable recruiters, the time to begin a career in Blockchain is now.